Technology alone is not enough to build cyber security. In this webinar, Prof Isaac Ben-Israel and Neil Robinson, Policy Officer, Cyber Defence at NATO, discuss the future of cyber security challenges and the role of international co-operation in tackling those challenges.
The webinar is hosted by NECC, North European Cybersecurity Cluster.
Please register for the webinar via this link.
12:15 Foreword by Juha Remes / NECC Chairman of the board
12:30 Prof. Isaac Ben-Israel: Empowering Cyber Security: lessons from Israel
• What Cyber threats are?
• The Interdisciplinary nature of Cyber Security
• Who should be in charge of securing Critical Infrastructures?
• Information Sharing and Trust building
• Balancing the tension between Security and Privacy
• The Role of Regulation
• International Cooperation: Norms are necessary
13:15 Q&A session
13:30 Neil Robinson, Cyber Defence at NATO: From Wales to Warsaw and beyond
• What does NATO do in cyber (and what does it not do)
• Article 5 and cyber attacks
• Evolution of NATO’s approach through the major Allied decisions on cyber defence
14:15 Q&A session for the lecture
14:30 4 * 5 min company presentations by NECC members
15:00 Closing remarks
The webinar is free for interested stakeholders to participate in. A link to the webinar will be send to you about a week before the event.
Prof. Isaac Ben-Israel:
Prof Ben-Israel is leading cybersecurity expert in Israel, who holds numerous key positions in the field of Cybersecurity, Technology and Artificial Intelligence. He is a retired major-general and has received numerous awards for his work.
Neil Robinson is a Cyber Defence Policy Officer at the Emerging Security Challenges Division of the International Staff at NATO HQ in Brussels. At NATO, Neil’s work includes supporting cyber defence policy development and implementation, partnerships and outreach to NATO and Allied cyber defence communities.