escar conference started in 2003 and is the world’s leading automotive Cyber Security conference. Last year the Conference in Stuttgart, Germany reached the highest number of attendees since it started. The attendees and exhibitors enjoyed insightful and cheerful escar days, interesting talks and good networking.
In regard to the current situation, we are happy to announce that the escar Europe conference 2020, scheduled for November 11 to 12, will continue as planned, with the addition of an all-new virtual online component. As a hybrid conference, escar Europe 2020 will still include live, in-person presentations and networking at the Plenary Chamber of the World Conference Center in Bonn, Germany. But for those who cannot or do not want to travel due to the current situation, escar Europe will also take place virtually.
Modern cars have become complex digital devices and automotive Cyber Security is one of the most important issues. Therefore, the overall goal and objective of escar is to provide a forum for collaboration among private industry, academia, and government regarding modern in-vehicle Cyber Security threats, vulnerabilities, and risk mitigation/countermeasures. escar offers an opportunity for information exchange, networking and is a platform to define research needs. International and high-quality speakers give recent insights and encourage discussions.
escar conference includes invited talks in the following areas:
- Security in the automotive life cycle
- Security technologies for automotive components and networks
- Future security technologies with application to automotive
- Proof-of-concepts and architectures for security of automotive systems and subsystems
- Security Analysis, e.g., car hacking, protocol analysis, risk analysis, etc.
- Further topics such as usability design, legal aspects, privacy and data protection, security for other transport systems like railway or aerospace
We are looking forward to welcome you in Bonn, Germany and virtually from all over the world!