eurobits Excellence Award
Since 2017, the European Competence Centre for IT Security (eurobits e.V.), based in Bochum, has presented the annual eurobits Excellence Award to students who have written outstanding theses in the field of IT security and information security.
The award is given for theses that, in addition to scientific excellence, show a high level of practical relevance for IT security applications.
Prize money awaits the best thesis
All authors who have written their final thesis (Bachelor’s/Master’s thesis) for an institution or company in Germany are eligible to participate.
A top-class jury will select the best participants from all the applications submitted. The finalists then have the opportunity to present their work to a jury of experts.
The eurobits Excellence Award comes with attractive prize money. The winner also receives an invitation to the next eurobits annual event in Bochum and the opportunity to present the results of their thesis to a large audience of experts.
These are the winners so far
- 2021: Benedict Schlüter (“Security Analysis of eBPF”)
- 2020: Christian Niesler (“Securing Real-Time Embedded Systems Through Hotpatching”)
- 2019: Karsten Meyer zu Selhausen (“Security of PDF Signatures“)
- 2018: Nicklas Janneck (“Security Analysis of Wireless Alarm Systems“)
- 2017: Jakob Feldtkeller (“Conception and Evaluation of Secret Sharing for Offline Root CA Operation Based on Smart Cards“)