For the first time in escar history the 18th escar Europe took place as a virtual conference with the support of an all-new interactiv online component – an event app with which you could also actively participate in the conference from all over the world. The first virtual escar Europe was a complete success. In particular, the exchange among each other and the networking worked well. We already started with the preparations for the next conference! escar Europe 2021 will take place as a hybrid conference to connect both worlds – virtual and on site!
Starting 2003 in Germany – now organized internationally
18 years of escar conference! Starting in 2003 in Germany the conference is now organized internationally due to its continuous success – Europe, USA and Asia. Moreover the conference reaches higher numbers of attendees each year. The attendees and exhibitors enjoy insightful conference days, interesting talks and good networking. Every year it proves again that escar is the leading Automotive Cyber Security conference in the world! The official 19th escar Europe program will be developed through a call for papers and is expected to be published in september.
Modern cars have become complex digital devices and automotive Cyber Security is one of the most important issues. Therefore, the overall goal and objective of escar is to provide a forum for collaboration among private industry, academia, and government regarding modern in-vehicle Cyber Security threats, vulnerabilities, and risk mitigation/countermeasures. escar offers an opportunity for information exchange, networking and is a platform to define research needs. International and high-quality speakers give recent insights and encourage discussions.
escar conference includes invited talks in the following areas
- Security in the automotive life cycle, e.g., security engineering, safety & security co-design, formal methods, development & validation tools, security standardization and security economics for automotive domain
- Security technologies for automotive components and networks such as hardware security, OTA, sensors, microkernels, security architectures for automotive platforms, biometrics, CAN-bus security, gateways, immobilizer, access, V2X, tolling, intrusion detection, monitoring, automotive SIEM, etc.
- Future security technologies with application to automotive, e.g., distributed ledger technology, PUFs, AI, post quantum algorithms, etc.
- Proof-of-concepts and architectures for security of automotive systems and subsystems, e.g., automotive ECUs and platforms, handling big data, highly-automated and autonomous vehicles, electric vehicles and their backend infrastructures, cloud connection, etc.
- Security Analysis, e.g., car hacking, protocol analysis, risk analysis, etc.
- Further topics such as usability design, legal aspects, privacy and data protection, security for other transport systems like railway or aerospace